Way Linggo Project is in Southern Sumatra and situated within the highly prospective Trans Sumatran Fault. It is a 4th generation Contract of Work (Mining Title) covering an area of 100km2.
Way Linggo Project contains high grade, narrow vein, low sulphidation epithermal gold and silver deposits with the Way Linggo open pit in operation and Talang Santo open pit planned to start in November 2018. PT NM has mined both deposits by underground previously. An active exploration program is currently underway with promising areas being detailed.
The Mining Operations Superintendent is accountable for the design, planning, scheduling and operation of the 2 open pits, waste dumps and associated infrastructure. Reporting to the position is the Senior Mine Planning Engineer and the respective Open Pit superintendents. The position is the alternate for the Mining Manager when on rostered break.
The position is to actively manage and participate in the open pit planning and implementation process. This includes ensuring timely completion of mine plans, designs, schedules, forecasts & budgets and the practical implementation at the Way Linggo and Talang Santo Open Pits.
Our objective is to safely and cost effectively to meet business requirements. We achieve this through the appropriate management of risks and by providing our owner and contractor workforce with a safe working environment.
Our operations are part of a fully integrated Gold Business Unit of which all operations are critically interdependent. In this environment, effective business planning, appropriate design, compliance to business processes and an ongoing focus on cost effectiveness is critical. The success and our ability to extend the life of this asset is closely linked to the effective application of forward planning, performance analysis, cost reduction and the effective application of capital.
Experience and Qualifications
– Bachelor of Engineering in Mining
– Minimum 10 year’s experience in both hard rock open pit mining operations and mine planning & design preferably gold
– Strong leadership skills in open pit operations and open pit & waste dump design, planning and scheduling.
– Contractor and owner operator management experience.
– Good communication skills with good use of English
– Computer proficiency in Surpac, Excel and Word with a working use of MineSched.
Tasks and Responsibilities
– Actively manage short term and long-term mine planning, design and scheduling for the 2 open pits, waste dumps and associated infrastructure.
– Actively manage operational implementation of the plans and site progress to plan
– Forecasting and budgeting for the Mining Dept
– Open pit Contract management
– Active interaction with Survey, Geology, Geotech, OC Mining contractors & PTNM personnel and broader PTNM site in general.
– Daily, monthly and quarterly reporting
– Active role in Safety, Environmental and Community areas.
– Alternate to Mining Manager when on field break
Your roster will be 20 days on and 10 days field break. A suitable remuneration package in keeping with candidates experience and skills will be negotiated.
If you believe you have the necessary skills, qualities and experience to succeed in this position, apply in confidence on the email subject, no later than 27 July 2018 to: email@example.com